Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Gifts from Santa



The Christmas celebration is over, the gifts unwrapped the wonderful food eaten, and leftovers in the fridge to be enjoyed for the next couple of days.

Mr. Completely and I really get a kick out of watching Rocket enjoy his Christmas gifts.

This year Santa gave him some turkey, which you can see him enjoying, and a new 'string' toy, (a long piece of string with colorful ribbons tied to the end, and of course bunches of red and white tissue paper which he loves to shred and decorate the living room floor with.
















Santa Knew I had been very good this past year and rewarded me with a new gun.I suspect he knew I was wanting a backup gun if my Beretta U22 Neos failed.

I've always liked the looks of the Spud gun. The heavy barrel, the military angle grip, some absolutely beautiful grip panels, all add to the esthetics. The JA-RU reputation for fine quality firearms certainly doesn't hurt either.

As I do with any new firearm, I disassembled it fully, cleaned it, lubed it, and became familiar with it's inside workings. Something I noticed was that the slide movement wasn't very smooth. It wasn't really very rough, but it just wasn't that Spud Gun "greased glass" sort of smoothness. Granted, this was nearly a new Spud Gun, so that certainly was a contributing factor.

While I had it apart, I polished the sliding surfaces on the slide and frame, and it was noticeably smoother. Still not as smooth as I would have liked, but a lot better than it was. Putting two or three thousand rounds through it probably would have improved it even more. It was definitely decent, just not what I would expect from something from JA-RU.

Weapon information stolen and edited, from Mr. Completely

2 comments:

Justin C. said...

A spud gun? Haha. I suppose that could be used for something. Like chasing the cat around. No just kidding. Looks contented with his present though. Nice cat. Well, I just stopped by and decided to drop a comment. Maybe you could stop by mine sometime. Hey have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Now that you have done a complete action job on your elite JA-RU you should finish it up and heat treat it for durability. I'm sure that Mr. C would loan you his propane torch. Or you could turn the oven up to self clean mode and let the JA-RU go thru the cycle. Rocket would probably like to watch.

DAMIPHINO