Friday, September 04, 2009

Whidbey Roundup

I have the privilege to live on beautiful Whidbey Island, and wish to share with you some of the lovely places I visit as I travel the roads.


There was the promise of a beautiful day ahead as the fog drifted in over the ocean, obliterating the sun, then fading away to let the warmth of the sun, kiss the sand on the beach.


Piles of driftwood giving protection to wildflowers and grasses

A couple of birds, probably sandpipers, foraging for food in the tidal pools.

Visitors to the beach have constructed shelters from driftwood, or perhaps they are forts built by children.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

What a beautiful place to live - you are rather lucky! I just stumbled upon your blog and have to add it to my favorites - I too am an ex-pat Kiwi, been living in the States for 10 years now. 7 years in UT and the last 3 in NH. Have only been home to NZ once, but would love to go back more!
I will have to have a good look through your gardening blog too - I am a wannabe gardener but really don't know much at all. Hopefully I can pick up some hints from your blog!

Nice to see another Kiwi in the US on here:)