Sunday, March 04, 2012

A break from all the nonsense is just what the "doctor ordered"

Mr C had plans to drive to Moxee which is just a short drive the other side of Yakima, for a pistol match, leaving Friday sometime. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go play outdoors in this cold weather, but decided it would do me good to get away from here for a while. I was a little, ummm! lets not kidd ourselves here, I was a lot depressed about how much the repairs on my car are going to be, so getting out to the range and taking some of my aggression out on steel plates would be a good thing.

We left Whidbey island around 2pm and headed up over Snoqualmie pass, and even though the roads were clear of snow, they were wet and in some places slushy. It wasn't a fun drive having to deal with all the spray kicked up by the semi-trucks and other vehicles ahead of us.

About here on our drive, I looked across at Mr C and asked, " are we nuts, or what" he replied "it is going to get worse"
" oh! goody" I said, and lapsed back into my tense silence.

We finally left the pass behind us and started our decent towards Yakima and the truck stop where we always stop for the night. We both were tucked nice and warm in our bed by around 6:30pm and had a fairly good night's rest.

We could park our little RV inside one of the semi-trucks and there would still be plenty of room left over. *chuckle* I woke up a couple of times during the night and could barely hear a semi-truck pull into park alongside of us. They idle very quietly in, then all you hear is the whoosh of air brakes, then silence.

Next morning the blue sky was a welcome sight, and we pulled out shortly before 8am to drive about half an hour to the range.

Even though the day was sunny at times, the wind was very cool and we were wrapped up warm against the cold gusts. It was a fun match of five stages of steel challenge, and I shot fairly well considering this was only the second match I had competed in since last September. I finished 5th out of 13 in rimfire optics Not too bad Eh?

1 comment:

betty-NZ said...

Good job on the range! Sometimes we need to get away even if it's not the best of conditions. I do hope the car gets better for you.