Thursday, November 03, 2005

ONE POT TACO SOUP



ONE POT TACO SOUP

2lbs hamburger
1 onion – chopped
1 15oz. can corn
1 15oz. can chili beans
1 15oz. Can kidney beans
1 15oz. Can diced tomatoes
1 lg. Can V8 juice
1 env. Taco seasoning

I like to brown then drain the hamburger before putting it in the crock pot.
Open all cans , Do not drain
Place all ingredients in large crock pot, simmer 4 to 6 hours
To serve, top with shredded cheese and sour cream.
Have your favorite corn chips on the side.

It is so nice to come home to a hot meal, especially if you have spent time outside in the cold.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a very interesting soup. I'm going to have to experiment with it.

Anonymous said...

This sounds good but needs a little fire, ala jalapeno and cayenne.

Anonymous said...

Is it similar to a pot of chili? I like the V8 idea.

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

It is similar to a pot of chili but there is a little more to it. I also add a little more 'heat' to it. Like most recipes, just adapt it to your own taste.

Anonymous said...

I made a pot over the weekend. It turned out great!

I made a couple of changes.

http://owlishmutterings.mu.nu/archives/133694.php

colbaltbl said...

I have been looking for this recipe for a long time. I love it just the way it is. Thank you!!