Sunday, November 06, 2005

Steve's Flightstar

When we were in Juneau last year, our friend Steve took me up for a ride in his Flightstar. (experimental aircraft, except Steve's is way beyond, being experimental)

We were flying around over Juneau, enjoying the view, when Steve asked me if I would like to experience a stall.(You have to understand that I am a real chicken when it comes to dropping from heights, I won't even ride a roller coaster.)

I thought to myself, "OK, this is an experience of a life time, just do it"

I looked at Steve and said OK, hoping I did not look as nervous as I felt.

You would have been proud of me, when the nose of the Flightstar was pointed up just before the drop! I was thinking, "this is fun," then down the Flightstar went, just a little way, as Steve did not want to scare me too much. I will admit I had my eyes closed during the drop thinking if I could not see anything it would not feel so extreme, and it didn't.

I did experience that feeling in the pit of my stomach when you fall from a height, but it lasted for such a short time that I was Ok with it, and when the stall was over and we were flying level again, I said to my self," Whew! I did it, but I don't think I want do it again."

I was happy to have this experience, and I still feel the same about roller coasters.

For a look at a picture of the Flightstar you can go to Mr.Completely's site and view it by clicking HERE



No comments: