Thursday, September 14, 2006

Summer is fading fast

Autumn begins September 23rd but yesterday there was a definite feeling of Autumn in the air. There was a very light misty drizzle and a stillness and clammy feeling which made me pull my jacket collar close around my neck to stop the coldness of the morning creeping inside my jacket.

By the end of the day it had brightened considerably. There were patches of blue sky and even a ray or two of sunshine beaming towards the earth, but not enough to warm us.


5 comments:

mistaya's M.O.M. said...

We are also having some long awaited rain today. It smells good but I too know it signals a new season!

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

hostagirl, the rain is very welcome on our very dry ground.

riannan, the pictures were taken right outside the spa where I work. You can imagine how wonderful it is to work in such a tranquil setting.

Ginco said...

It is indeed a beautiful little
spot! I know I won't be famous for saying this too loudly in Europe, but I'm looking forward to the fresh and crisp mornings of Autumn.

Anonymous said...

The weather here in the UK is much the same, chilly mornings and lovely afternoons, saying that yesterday it rained non stop and flood some places.

Helen

Ted said...

Really nice pictures KeeWee. Our trees are just starting to turn and a few leaves are on the ground and the mums rule right now.