Wednesday, December 13, 2006

This is getting to be a Long winter

If this was a movie clip you would see the trees bending under the wind gusts. I park my car on the other side of the driveway so as to avoid damage from any branches which may fall off the trees on the left side of the driveway. I would be really upset, to say the least, to go out in the morning and find a large limb had fallen and damaged my car.

Any where you drive around Whidbey Island through the wooded areas, is a mess. There are branches, large and small, and trees which have been toppled during the storms we have experienced the last few weeks. According to the weather forecast this morning, we are in for MORE high winds the next couple of days. I have to be especially vigilent driving to work as any route I choose to take is on tree lined roads, and some of the trees are leaning over the roads, sure makes me nervous to think at any time a tree could topple onto the road in front of me. It is a good thing to say a prayer before setting out in the morning.


2 comments:

Mary Lou said...

It is cloudy with sun breaks here today, no wind!! ??????? But I guess it is going to slam us on Thursday!

Anonymous said...

We are having very strange weather here too, high winds, lots of rain, flooding and it's now set to go cold.

Take care out there keewee.

Helen