Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekly report

Let me see, what have I been doing all week? Oh Yes! I have been working, for 5 days. So much for thinking I would just work a FEW hours each week in this new job, it has been 40 hours per week so far.
If I really take the time to think about it, I will be able to draw social security next January, so the extra hours will help boost the check, miserable as it will be anyway.

Our weather has warmed to a balmy 40 degrees and I see signs of growth in the garden, in the form of daffodil leaves poking up about three inches. Perhaps we will have an early spring. Well, one can dream, can't they?

I have spent most of today going through my kitchen cupboards doing a little tidying and re-organizing, I think I have a house elf who takes great delight in messing up the cupboards and drawers, and puts things where I can't find them.

I have a 40 hour week coming up so I may not get to do much in the way of blogging, but I will at least post a joke or two.

You all have a wonderful week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keewee, is it me, but you don't sound happy.


helen

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Helen, I am happy enough, just doing more work in a week than I really intended. I am supposed to be semi-retired. But as I said just one more year before I draw social security and all these extra hours will make my SS check a little more fatter.

Anonymous said...

Wow.. that is a full work week.. but I know what you mean about putting in the hours to boost your retirement. I am trying to do the same thing. It is not always easy.

How lovely that you are already seeing bits of green poking through in your garden. I am so envious.