Saturday, August 30, 2008

HAVE A SAFE, FUN FILLED WEEKEND

Goodness, where have these last few days gone? Now that I have just two and a half days off work away from home, I have to be efficient in using the time I do have at home.
At this time of the year there is always gardening work to be accomplished, harvesting vegetables, trimming, and splitting perennials to be planted elsewhere, and dead heading in the flower garden.
Yesterday my honey and I drove up the island to Oak Harbor to do a little grocery shopping and enjoy lunch before driving home, with a stop at a friend's home, to get a big box and plastic sack full of bearded iris, to plant in my garden. Once the groceries had been put away, and iris had been planted, in a new garden spot I had to create, the day was pretty much over and I had run out of steam.
On my next day off, this Sunday, there is still laundry to do, a little housework calling my name, and in between these chores I want to get out into the flower garden to dig up some of the plants I have decided to move to a new spot in the garden, as they are not doing as well as they should where the are at the moment.
Now, don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about all I have to do, just would like more hours in the day, and days in the week to get everything accomplished before running out of steam. I really must learn to quit before I become exhausted, but I hate to stop when a job is almost finished. I have to admit to myself, I am not as young as I think I am, and should listen to my body when it starts to protest.
You all have a wonderful labor day weekend, and watch out for all the crazy people out there on the roads.


3 comments:

mistaya's M.O.M. said...

YES, I TOO MUST LEARN TO LISTEN TO MY BODY. IT HAS ACTUALLY BEGAN TO SCREAM AT ME SOMETIMES TO GET MY ATTENTION. IT IS HARD FOR ME TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT I AM NO LONGER 30. HOW SAD! I JUST NEED TO CONVINCE MY BRAIN OF MY REAL AGE.

Maria Verivaki said...

hi keewee, how are those tomatos getting on? still green? i have a special recipe for you if they are!

Anonymous said...

We are busy here as well. Kind of sad to see the summer go.. but so nice to enjoy the fruits of the garden.