I was so taken with the lovely dried flowers, a friend had embellishing her photo albums, that I just had to try this project for myself, especially when I discovered how easy and inexpensive, it was to make the press.
With the help of MrC, ( well truth be known, he did most of the construction) I now have the flower press made, and the first four layers of flowers and a couple of ferns pressed between cardboard and a moisture wicking paper. Next Sunday I will undo the wing nuts and reveal the dried flowers.
I have not yet decided how I will use the dried flowers, ferns and leaves, but I will have a collection which should keep me amused during the cold days of winter.
When at the thrift store the other day, I found a plastic case which used to hold a child's set of art supplies, and I thought it would be just the thing to store the flowers in layers between parchment paper, until I use them.
They tell me that you should have plenty of hobbies when you retire, so this can be my "getting the feeling of retirement, practice." *grin*