Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Disappointed once again



This picture brings back a memory from the time I worked in a retail store.

Just after the store opened one morning, I happened to be walking down the aisle through the men’s department, and noticed an elderly woman looking at one of the displays of men’s underwear. To me, she was just another customer looking at a display, perhaps trying to decide what style of underwear to buy for her husband.

The display had those, what looked like anatomically correct, male manikins clothed in the latest briefs and boxers for that season.
As I walked toward the woman, she had not noticed me yet, I was taken back when she reached up and lifted the leg of the boxers on one of the manikins and did a thorough inspection.

You can imagine my reaction, I stopped in my tracks, did an about turn and ducked behind a rack of clothes, then made my way back to my department. Thank goodness my department was just about fifteen feet away, any more and I would have exploded as I was holding in my laughter.

When I reached my department and let out my laughter my co-workers wanted to know what was so funny.

I related what I had observed and of course they all cracked up as well, I think a couple of the women thought I had made the whole story up, I told them to check with security if they did not believe my story, as all would have been caught on a security camera.

Sure enough, the whole episode had been recorded, and a friend of mine, who worked in security, later on that day, told me my reaction was one of those “priceless moments “

1 comment:

Ted said...

Its like there is never a cop when you need one except it is "I never have a camera when I need one".