Wednesday, April 05, 2006

First Of The Season



I was just startled by movement outside the den window.

I was seeing my first hummingbird of the season hovering outside looking in, he then did a quick backup and went to investigate the feeder I have hanging from a branch about ten feet from the window.

Hummingbirds are so entertaining and many of them seem to have their own personality or attitude which at times is greater than the bird.

I am looking forward to many hours watching these delightful birds.

For some fantastic pictures of the *Birth of a Humming Bird* click HERE

1 comment:

Richmond said...

Oh fun! We have a couple months to go yet... I just love watching them flit and hover. (And on our feeder, they have been known to perch. Not perch to eat, but to rest I think...) :)