Saturday, April 29, 2006

Hokey Pokey Biscuits (cookies)

More biscuits from my mothers recipe collection.
Mum had many recipes which used golden syrup. I had tried using karo and Lyles syrup but the taste I was wanting wasn't there.
Just recently, I discovered Steens Syrup which is very close in taste to golden syrup, so now I can bake all my favorite cookies and cakes from Mum's collection of recipes.

4oz. Butter – I used Smart Balance
¼ cup Sugar
1 tbsp. Milk
1 tbsp. Golden Syrup – I used Steens Syrup
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 cup Flour.




Cream butter and sugar.
Warm milk and syrup, (10 secs. in microwave) add the soda, lightly stir
Pour bubbly mixture into butter and sugar then add the flour and mix.

Roll into balls, (flour your hands) I prefer to use my cookie scoop, you don't get sticky fingers, though if you like to lick dough off your fingers when you are finished, use your hands.
Press with a fork dipped in flour.
Bake 10-15 mins. 350F mine take about 9 mins. check on them, they brown quickly.



1 comment:

Ted said...

Maybe you need real Maple syrup?