Friday, April 07, 2006

RECIPE: Mum’s Fudge *Whatevers*


My Mother always called this recipe *Fudge Cake*.

It is not really a cake, and not really a brownie. I have renamed them *Whatevers*





1 egg
4oz. Butter
½ cup sugar
¼ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 tbsp.cocoa
1 pkt. Marias cookies
!/2 cup chopped dried fruit or nuts or a mix of each. (optional)


Place cookies in plastic bag, and crush the cookies with a rolling pin. This should ease a lot of your aggression. Careful not to crush the cookies too much, leave them a little chunky.

In saucepan beat egg, add butter which has been cut into pieces.

Add sugar, cocoa, salt, and over medium heat bring to a boil stirring constantly.

Remove from heat, stir in fruit and crushed cookies.

Turn into prepared 8x8” pan, which has been lined with foil.

Let cool, place in fridge until firm, turn out of pan, remove foil, and frost with your favorite frosting.

For frosting, I melt butter, about a tbsp. stir in cocoa, vanilla, and add about 2 cups powdered sugar (I never measure for frosting) and add enough hot milk and stir until smooth and easy spreading consistency .

When the frosting has firmed, cut into squares and sample one, maybe two. Quality control is important.

Keep a couple aside to bribe, ummm I mean, treat the auditor if you happen to have your taxes audited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your recipes, this one sounds very interesting.
D

Anonymous said...

Yum! Yummy YUM! I have to try these. I volunteer to do quality control testing for you!!!