Saturday, October 06, 2007

29 days and counting down!


I really haven't been goofin' off this past week, it just has been a very busy time. By the time evening rolled around, my brain was too tired for blogging.

Besides working a couple of days , then spending an extra day at work for a training session I have been doing the usual housework, cleaning up around the garden and doing a little more shopping in readiness for my trip to New Zealand oh yes, I also made a run to the bank for more travelers checks. Need to have some extra spending money, just in case something really special, catches my eye and says "buy me"

I think I am all organized and ready for my looooong flight on November 5th. From here on out, the waiting is going to drive me crazy, although MrC and I will be flying down to Reno on Thursday and spending five days at the Gun Blogger Rendezvous so that will take my mind off my visit to Aotearoa for a while.

I did have a little senior moment, in that I forgot I lose two days as I travel down under and had made arrangements to pick up my rental car and check into my accommodations on the 5th. sheesh!! this is the day I leave USA I arrive in N Zed (what some of us Kiwis call home) on Wednesday the 7th. Now all this has been taken care of I should be able to rest easy.
Tomorrow I get to work the morning shift, filling in for the other Desk Diva, and by golly, when I get home I am going to REST!


Photograph taken on a windy day, up at Deception pass last weekend.

5 comments:

Ginco said...

Come to think of it, we spend months preparing for a visit back home, and then we get to stay only a couple of weeks! Ok, Ok, I won't get greedy now :-)
Never mind Keewee, once you've unpacked your luggage, you will unwind and enjoy every minute of your stay! ! !

Ted said...

Senior moments. Arn't those nice. It's good you catch them yourself as for me it is usualy my other half that picks up on my misques

Anonymous said...

Not long to wait now Keewee, can't wait to see the photos


Helen

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. Waiting is the hard part.. that is for sure.

Mary Lou said...

WOW!! You lose TWO days? I thought it was just one crossing the date line.

I love that beach you are sitting in!