Sunday, March 01, 2009

Through the garden gate....part two


These photos of some lovely gardens in New Zealand, were taken in 2007 during one of my strolls around the streets near where I was staying.

Kiwis are known for their love of gardening,
and it shows in many of the beautiful gardens.




A lovely garden nestled beside the house, surrounded by an attractive white picket fence.



Pretty pink, purple and white flowers
along one side of the driveway.






Such a tidy attractive front yard.




This garden I found to be very pleasing to the eye, with the different colors and textures of the foliage.







A neat little boxwood hedge, surrounds a flowerbed of mostly white flowers.


The plants in front of the fence and growing over the arbor sure make a beautiful display at the end of the driveway.






Majestic old trees grace the front yard of this home.



More beautiful trees and shrubs, line both sides of the driveway leading to the house.





Many of the homes have interesting gates. I liked the design of the iron gate at the entrance to this home.

I remember this Mediterranean style home, from the days when I used to ride past on my bicycle, on my way to and from school. Nothing much seems to have changed, except the trees are larger.

No comments: