Thursday, October 29, 2009

Not for me thankyou all the same.

OK I can stop whining about not having anything to blog about, well at least for today.
On my way home from work today, I took a detour to the beach at Double Bluff to see the kite boarders. We can actually see them in the distance, about a couple of miles as the crow flies, from our house, but this time I was lucky to see them up close, and I just happened to have my camera with me.


I think this person was getting ready to launch, or whatever the term is.

At the other end of the line is this quite large kite. The kites come in different shapes and colors, and it is great to see many of the kite boarders out skimming the waves at one time.

This kite boarder was trying to get the kite under control as the strong, and I might say, cool wind whipped in towards shore. Whenever we see onshore winds from the house, we look for kite boarders, as these are the winds they like.Think about it, if they had offshore winds, they could be blown waaaaay out into Puget Sound, now they wouldn't want that, would they?

A kite boarder coming back in, after an enjoyable ( I am surmising) time.

Hang in there , don't want to lose it *chuckle*

I love to watch as the guys speed across the choppy water having the grandest time.

You can see the stormy weather conditions we are having today.
As I drove back home it started to rain, and as I neared the halfway point to the house the rain was coming down to the point where it was difficult to see out the windshield.


Ugene, or perhaps it is Eugene ( sorry if I miss-spelled your name ) Was kind enough to pose for a picture. You can see the wet weather gear they wear for protection from the elements, and they sure need those warm suits today.
Kite boarding looks like a fun sport, but as I am not much of a swimmer, I think I will pass *grin*

1 comment:

Mary Lou said...

Finally found my computer again! I love watching those idiots kite surfing. It looks like so much fun, but there is NO WAY I would do that.