Saturday, February 04, 2006

Power Outage

Whew! the power has finally been restored.
It is 10:54pm the power has been gone since around sometime near midnight last night.

We had experienced a very strong wind storm overnight and most of Saturday.

Early saturday morning, I called the owner of the spa, where I work, and asked if the power was on over there, as I was to work all Saturday, she said yes, so off to work I went.
On the drive in, there were trees down, branches and debris all over the roads, of all three roads I could have chosen to get to work, I was lucky enough to choose one which had been cleared of fallen trees.

We had just got our first guests all settled in at 10am when the power went out again, and
continued to stay off , many guests called in cancelling their appointments.

I decided to shut the spa down at 3pm and come home, as by then it was starting to get too cold in the spa for comfort. Most of the inn's guests had checked out and left the island to go home where they may have had power, unless of course they lived in the Seattle area , and of course, the Seattle and surrounding areas also had power outages.

Mr. C and I decided it was best to go to bed early, pile on extra blankets, and wait for the power company to get electricity back to us, " bless their little wooly socks!" the workers at the power company have spent many hours restoring the power to us, thank you, thank you, thank you.


1 comment:

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I did find a fondue set tucked away up in a high cupboard, and found a can of sterno for heat, so we were able to heat left over roast beef and gravy for last nights dinner.