Saturday, February 25, 2006

Still Undecided
















I am still reserving judgement on Steel Challenge hand gun matches. I did put in my time on the practice but am still unsure if I will take to it as I have done in shooting pin tops.

First time round, I had difficulty getting all the moves, stance, position, timing etc. to fall in the correct order in my mind. When I am pin shooting everything is now automatic, or what is known as muscle memory, so I was feeling frustrated at being so uncoordinated.

The way I have to hold the gun in one hand, with the other raised until the buzzer goes off feels strange, ( this is the way we start out in rim fire class). As you see in the photo, Al has both his hands raised, that is because center fire classes draw from a holster.

I will have to get in plenty of practice so I can quickly bring my Beretta U22Neos up and my raised hand down in one a smooth motion, at the same time aiming and hitting the first steel plate, WHEEEEW ! ! I have a feeling I will have to get my weights out and do some lifting to strengthen my arms.

My second time round, I was a little less frustrated and shot well, mainly due to the fact that I did not take advise from anyone this time which would change the way I usually go about shooting, I have decided that, sometimes changing something midstream throws you off, in other words 'If it aint broke, then don't fix it!"

To find out more detailed information on how Steel challenge works, go HERE to Mr. Completely's site.

Tomorrow we are off to our first pin top shoot of the season, I know this will be a whole lot more fun.

I sure hope the weather is a little warmer, though I am now prepared and have new, nice warm insulated underwear.


2 comments:

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Keep practicing, keewee!!
Looks like a hoot!!! :)

I got 3 people other than myself to shoot the epostal contest this week, too!

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I still need to get my epostal shot, maybe tomorrow after the pin shoot.