Monday, July 27, 2009

Whine, whine whine

It is too "bleeping" hot to do much of anything. I have weeds in the garden needing my attention, a dishwasher which needs emptying, blogging to catch up on and a myriad of other chores calling my name. This Kiwi just can't function when the temperatures are in the 90's I am about as limp as a wilted piece of lettuce. We don't have air conditioning in our home here as it really doesn't stay hot for extended periods, but this week will be hot all week. Sheesh!!!!
Last Friday morning we drove to Idaho for the Eddy Brown Memorial steel challenge match. You can read about our adventures HERE
On the 12th of August we fly down to Piru CA for the World Steel Challenge. I will not be shooting in this match, but MrC will. I guess this heat wave we are experiencing is acclimatizing us to the heat we will have to bear when in Piru.
That is about all for now, I am going to get a nice cold drink and see if there is anywhere cooler than this spot in front of my PC.

4 comments:

cassie-b said...

It's hot here too, but we're fortunate to have air conditioning. I can function in heat, but the humidity gets me down.

I hope it cools off for you soon.
Cas

Drang said...

Too blasted hot, too blasted right!

Yesterday I overheard a conversation between someone who had obviously just flown in from somewhere else, and their local relative friend: "But why don't you have air conditioning?"

lom said...

nothing but rain here in the UK

Q said...

My daughter lives in Portland, Oregon and she told me they were having triple digets!!!! Hope you find a cool spot....good luck on your competition.
Sherry