Friday, July 31, 2009

Ahhh! relief from the heat

I'm over all my whining about the heat, as it was a more reasonable 82 degrees here at our house today. It has been nice to be able to get outside and get a little gardening done.
Earlier this evening, I spent time pulling out all the peas which were past producing, and tomorrow morning I am going to plant a fall crop of peas, scarlet runner beans, spinach, beets, and lettuce.

I sure had an audience as I worked in the garden. Three rabbits were almost climbing the fence looking for a handout. You should have seen the excitement from them when I threw some of the pea vines over the fence. One rabbit even went so far, as to grab a whole vine and run, I mean hop off with it, and hide under one of our vehicles to eat it.
Tomorrow the temperature is supposed to be 75 F so it should be a pleasant day to be out doors.
You all have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

lom said...

you do know all these bunnies will be moving in don't you, haha