Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Gold, Primroses and Fish

So what has gold, primroses and fish have to do with my day?

It all started a few weeks ago. I was unfortunate enough to have one of my molars on the right front side break. The tooth broke in half and down to the gumline, so it is going to take major restoration work on the part of Dr. Bob, who, by the way, is an artist when it comes to this type of work.

This morning I finally had time to go and have Dr Bob start on repairing the damage.

We have decided to crown the broken tooth in gold, which is what he did to the same molar on the left side when it broke. Seems our teeth, which have been filled, get rather fragile over the years and tend to break.
This morning I had the impressions done and the broken molar prepared to receive the crown Dr. Bob is creating himself.

After spending a couple of hours in the dentist chair, I was ready to get out doors and play in the dirt. There were the primroses and other plants I had bought at Key Center over the weekend to be planted.

The day was sunny and warm, just perfect weather to spend time potting the plants, hopefully taking my mind off the feeling of discomfort in my mouth from the mornings dentistry.
The plants were first photographed, for recording in keewe's Garden blog, then some were planted in pots, and others in the garden.

Just about the time I was cleaning up my gardening mess Mr. C came outside and asked if I would like to go over to the gun club for their Tuesday fish and chip dinner. I sure did not need to be asked twice if I wanted to go, not only do I like fish and chips, but eating out meant I did not have to cook dinner

I love restaurants that have malt vinegar for the fish and chips, and it goes without saying, the fish has to be perfectly battered and cooked.


My tummy is full, the gum around my tooth is no longer painful, and in a few weeks the pots of new plants will be looking beautiful.

LIFE IS GOOD.

No comments: