Saturday, April 01, 2006

Where Did The Sun Go?

Looking across Saratoga Passage at the Cascade Mountains in the distance.

Yesterday was warm and sunny for most of the day. Around mid morning I had to take mail from my place of work to the post office, so I put my camera in my pocket to record some of the lovely scenery along the way as I enjoyed my walk . I am so glad I decided to take my camera.

There are quite a few of these plants growing near the spa.They are the first to show green in the spring. Most of the other plants are various kinds of grasses, which are dry and brown right now, but will soon be trimmed back by the gardeners and will show their true glory in a few weeks.

Another view across Saratoga Passage to the Cascade mountains. I so wanted to take the time to wander on the beach as the tide was receding, to look for washed up treasures, but had to return to the spa to do my job, whine, whine, whine.

The Inn where the spa is located.

If you look at the end of the path you can see a blue sign, which has an arrow pointing to the left showing where the spa is located on the ground level.

We are so fortunate to have such a beautiful location. In the summer months we open the windows and front door to the warm breezes and the sound of the water lapping on the shore.

I have the most fantastic setting in which to do my job. My desk faces two double glass doors through which I see the view. I look out across Saratoga Passage to Camano Island.

Just this last week there have been sightings of gray whales passing through Saratoga Passage on their way north for the season. Last year I was fortunate to watch four of these amazing creatures feeding about 2oo yards off shore. Here is another opportunity for photos of whales if they happen to pass by when I am at work.

Today I had planned on spending time out in my garden, but mother nature has different ideas. She is raining on us at the moment so I will just have to be patient until the sun shines.


3 comments:

Ted said...

Judging from your fine camermanship I would readily tend to agree to your assesment of the view.

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

The food is gourmet, and expensive.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures KeeWee!!! Keep that camera handy on those strolls thru nature..they are great!!!!