Thursday, April 06, 2006

I love Dunking Biscuits (cookies)

Being a tea drinker from an early age I still enjoy a good quality tea and nice teapots and teacups. I recently bought these teapot/teacup sets from The English Tea Store. The pot holds enough tea for two cups, just the right size for morning or afternoon tea.


My bone china cup and saucer is decorated with yellow and blue flowers. It matches the blue teapot perfectly.

I also have a cup and saucer with red flowers, it goes nicely with the red teapot.

There is nothing quite like sitting down to afternoon tea using your best china, a quality tea and of course cookies to dunk in your tea. I love hard gingernuts (gingersnaps) dunked in my tea. Ok I know the idea of dunking cookies in my tea takes away from the classy aspect of morning or afternoon tea, but I like dunking cookies in tea, I may not dunk when I have company, But I do when I am alone.

At the same time I ordered the teapots, I ordered tea from the Strand Tea Company.

The tea arrived first and I had to curb my impatience waiting for the teapot/teacup sets to arrive so I could use all my new goodies at the same time.

Finally the teapots arrived, then I had to decide which of the five teas to try first. Should I try Yunnan Hongcha, or Keemun Hao Ya A, or Golden Heaven Yunnan, or Portland Blend, or maybe the organic Red Rooibos.

The first tea I brewed was the Golden Yunnan, it being the most expensive, I decided would be just the thing to start out my adventure in tasting some different teas I had not tried before.

I enjoy each one at different times of the day depending whether I want something with a hint of apple or perhaps I will have a cup of the Red Rooibos which has antioxidants.

I have not been disappointed with any of the tea, they are all flavorful and aromatic.



2 comments:

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I wouldn't mind betting the Queen *dunks* in the privacy of her rooms, probably eats chicken using her fingers too.

Anonymous said...

Beautimous! I want one of those teapot/cup combo sets. Although I totally agree with you, sometimes you just have to use the pretty china.