Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Not exactly as I planned, but good all the same.

Well so much for gardening today. Mr. C and I left the house this morning to stop by one of his customers, do some grocery shopping, and see what our local thrift store had to offer, then come home so I could get outside in my garden and get my hands in the dirt.

We managed to check in on Mr.C's customers, stock up on groceries then we hit the thrift store.

I had been wanting a treadmill for a long time, as walking around here is a little risky due to the traffic situation and the weirdos out there make me nervous.

As we walked up to the thrift store door I noticed an older treadmill for $35. I thought to myself if it works Ok then $35 is not that bad if I get just a little use out of it.

One of the volunteers plugged the machine in for me and I jumped aboard and took it for a test run, well, actually it took me for a run! It worked perfectly, had all the features I wanted so I went back inside and handed over the $35 plus tax. About the time the cash was being put in the till, Mr.C came over to me and said that another treadmill which was more modern, smaller and in better condition, had been delivered and was waiting to be checked over and priced.

As Mr.C does some computer work for the thrift store he knows who to talk to to get a good deal. After about five minutes he came back downstairs and said we have the newer treadmill for the same price. Whoo Hooo what a deal.

We brought our treasure home, plugged it in, gave it a thorough check over and pronounced it ready for use. It is set up in the downstairs bedroom in front of the television so I can watch the morning news and get my workout at the same time. Perhaps after a few weeks my jeans will be a little less tight, I hope.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weirdos and clinging
Kilos, both pesty things
LOL!!
But the treadmill will
fix ´em.
wish I had room for one
of those here.
Enjoy!! C.

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Dragonfly, do you have your own blog?
if not, would you like to send pics. from the area you live with a short story and be my guest blogger?
I now have an email address in my side bar.

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your new treadmill keewee! They are such a time saver.