Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Spring Fever



This from my friend Hostagirl.

We both have spring fever,
just like many others of you out there.


She dug the plot on Monday.
The soil was rich and fine,
She forgot to thaw out dinner
So we went out to dine...

She planted roses Tuesday
She says they are a must,
They really are quite lovely,
But she quite forgot to dust...

On Wednesday it was daises
They opened up with the sun,
All whites and pinks and yellows
But the laundry wasn't done...

The poppies came on Thursday
A bright and cheery red,
I guess she really was engrossed
She never made the bed...

It was violets on Friday
In colors she adores,
It never bothered her at all
All the crumbs upon the floors...

I hired a maid on Saturday
My week is now complete,
My wife can garden all she wants
The house will still be neat!

It's nearly lunchtime Sunday
And I cannot find the maid,
Oh NO! I don't believe it!
She's out there WITH THE SPADE!!!
author unknown

collage from Dave's collages
www.daemery.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a flowery excuse to
escape those household
chores.